Sunday, August 22, 2010

Hello there


So this my first blog. And that is odd. Because in general I don’t like blogs. Or columns. That is, if they do not have a real scope. Many blogs and columns are only the result of writers who want to fill some empty space with perceived funny, but often shallow and pointless observations from their lives. That may be good for many, but not for me. Even the most beautiful lines can not cover the emptiness underneath. It is sad that you see this even in the most respectable newspapers and magazines. It can give writers a certain prestige within defined social cultures. Sometimes they even make it to tv hosts, as we see in The Netherlands right now – but the higher you climb, the deeper you fall.

So why this blog? Because I got inspired to try it out myself from the moment I came across a blog written by someone I know from a social network on the internet. The way this person writes, with so much depth, emotion, and selfreflection, is something I will never achieve. And I’m not sure I will ever be able to write with so much honesty. Painful for many bloggers and column writers is, that this blogger was only 16 years old when I first read his webpages. But isn’t it great that a teen is able to inspire an adult this way?

Now, you can look at this blog as an introduction. Every now and then I’ll add here in bytes my vision on issues I am bothered about, things that inspire me or just thoughts I’d like to share. The next blog is already in the works. And just maybe there will be readers out there that might find my blogs at least a bit interesting. But the moment it becomes shallow and superficial – please let me know. We don’t need that, do we?

2 comments:

  1. Martin, welcome to the world of blogging. Glad to hear you're feeling inspired and I'm honoured to be your first follower :) Can't wait to read more. I agree, there are many shallow and downright stupid blogs out there, but at the same time it gives people the opportunity to share their thoughts and feelings with others, and to talk to people they wouldn't normally talk to.

    ReplyDelete